A pocket park
1. It is located directly on the street so that people are attracted to look and to go in.
2. There is good, reasonably priced food.
3. There are movable chairs and tables so people can be comfortable and can have some control over where they sit.
4. A waterfall provides a focal point and a dramatic reason to visit the park and its noise creates a sense of quiet and privacy.
5. There is shade in the summer from the trees yet their thin structure allows a beautiful dappled light to pass through.
6. Overhead heat lamps on the upper level heat the park in cool weather.
Chattanooga-TN- The Department of Neighborhood Services and Community Development announces the application period for the upcoming 2010 World Changer Home Repair Program. The application period for this year’s program begins Tuesday, December 8, 2009 and concludes Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 4:00 p.m. Home repairs will take place July 12- July 24, 2010.