Chattanooga’s Southside is home to the areas newest farmer’s market. Area farmers can be found at the corner of Main and Williams Streets each Wednesday, 4:30 - 6:00 p.m. The new Southside Farmer’s Market features four farms - Clover Wreath, River Ridge, Sequatchie Cove and Williams Island.
As part of Neighborhood Clean-up Day, a work day is being held on Saturday, April 25, beginning at 10 a.m. Those interested should meet at the parking lot at Main and Williams Street. Gloves and trash bags will be provided. The event is sponsored by the new Southside-Cowart Place Neighborhood Association. For more information, contact Mike Sparkman, 596-0766, or Carol Huckaby, 313-7139.
The Southside-Cowart Place Neighborhood Association was recently formed for those living and working in the area bounded by Broad and Market Streets and 12th and 20th Streets. The association meets the second Thursday of the month. Contact Mike Sparkman, email@example.com or 596-0766, for more information or to receive notices about the meeting.
# # #
Distributed: April 21, 2009
Media Contact: Mike Sparkman, 596-0766
April 9, 2009
Neighborhood Association Meeting Minutes
- Meeting called to order at 6:00 pm
- Roll Called
- President’s report (and Neighborhood Ambience)
- Great American Cleanup – April 25, four stations manned by Tahnika/Mike, Katie, Carol, and Cynthia
- All neighbors are encouraged to pick up after pets
- Fliers will no longer be placed in mailboxes as neighbors have expressed concern
- Please do not use neighborhood trash cans as your own – all neighbors should use their city trash cans
- Please keep noise quiet in the early mornings of Saturday and Sunday
- $650 in bank from dues
- Please keep paying dues to Katie Fuller
- New Business
- Idea (given by Carol Huckaby): community yard sale.
- Similar to the one St. Elmo has done
- Anyone who wants to participate is welcome
- Carol is willing to organize and is asking those willing to help organize to contact her
- Old Business
- SIGN TOPPER (update by Craig Kronenberg):
- Lyndhurst wants to piggy back on our sign topper and assign all neighborhoods their own sign, i.e. Fort Negley, Cowart Place, etc.
- Getting Southside resident John Benedict to help with design
- Design team will meet Saturday, April 18, 2009 at Craig’s office (H&K Architect on Main Street)
- SWOT Analysis
- Reviewed and voted on top five Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats
- Debbie will return next month to discuss outcome of votes
Meeting was adjourned at 6:50 p.m.
Next meeting is May 14, location TBD.